too coarse for my taste/use

Posted by Suppster on February 2 2018 | Verified Purchase

This is really coarse almost like little flakes, but was surprisingly good with oats and coconut sugar :)

Ok, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 10 2014 | Verified Purchase

I do like Yerba Prima (I use their brush for dry brushing daily). This product I ordered as a part of our parasite cleanse and it seemed to work just fine. However, for next phase I ordered organic psyllium husks (here on iHerb from brand 'Now Foods'), since I read that psyllium plant is high on the list of pesticide containing crops.

Be careful with your upper GI

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 28 2009 | Verified Purchase

This stuff works - but be careful, sometimes if used after eating excessively spicy food or drinking hard alcohol it can irritate the upper GI. Also, don't use too much at once (for the same reason). Side note: Now I use milled flax seed because it has added benefits and seems to be less irritating to the GI (also doesn't turn into glue if left sitting like psyllium).

Not organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 28 2007 | Verified Purchase

Does the job but I would prefer an organically grown preparation.

Not as good as Konsyl

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 13 2017 | Verified Purchase

When I could no longer find Konsyl (another psyllium product) on the market, Yerba Prima seemed to be a comparable substitute. It is not quite as strong as Konsyl, but close. Konsyl was recommended by my doctor to address medical problems I have related to Crohn's Disease. I don't think Yerba Prima works quite as well as Konsyl - it is not as finely ground, but it is an okay substitute.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 4 2015 | Verified Purchase

Not sure how well this worked for me. Tasted quite gross. You definitely need to take lots of water with this, or it'll sit in your gut!