Isolate = hexane = poison

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Please search "soy protein isolate hexane". The high protein content is washed out with a chemical (from gasoline) and studies have found traces in all soy isolate products, even baby formulas! Protein concentrate is lower in protein (about 70% vs 90%)but is not made with hexane. Its hard to find concentrate anymore but for decades this is how soy protein was made. I have trusted Now Foods Products for years but now I realize that I am going to have to read the labels closer even with Now. This product claims it is natural and there is only a little word "isolate" to tip you off. If any product is 90% protein be suspicious. I would give it minus 5 stars if possible.

Gross!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff tastes terrible. Unflavored is a lie. Mixes to the consistency of drywall putty. Mixed it with everything I could think of. Couldn't make it edible. Great company but this product needs some work.

Don't buy unless you were born without taste buds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i am not a picky person when it comes to taste but this stuff has unbearable taste and smell, it smells like fish food and mixes to the consistency of sludge and the taste is like eating drywall.

Really hard to drink

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am absolutely not a fussy person but this product was disgusting. Even when blended with other fruit and juice it still stayed in this weird granuley form making it hard to down. The taste was pretty bad too.

Not For Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Terrible taste and texture, hard to get down, gave me stomach issues and lots of gas.

Horrible Taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a high tolerance for nasty tasting stuff but this takes the cake! Worst tasting protein powder ever! Back to Whey.

Hard to take

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Hard to mix, hard to take.

disgusting

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

That taste is horrible!

Bad taste is an understatement.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Now, I only got this because my stomach is awfully weak and I've tried other protein supplements and they all gave me issues. I was, to be really honest, extremely excited for the product to arrive. I blatantly ignored all the reviews about the terrible taste and trusting my Chinese taste buds and that everyone else was just weak. Well, first of all, it smells like fish food. So, I really do not want to be a fish in my next life. Next, the taste of it by itself is... terrible. The texture is sandy and thick and the taste is just bad. I mixed it with six HUGE spoons of honey and it was still quite terrible. I then mixed that with Mcdonald's ice lemon tea and it was a lot better. But let's be real, buying a large iced lemon tea every time I need a boost in protein isn't exactly practical. The final blow for me was when I mixed it with oatmeal. I do add condensed milk into the mixture and it nearly made me puked. I really wish I could return this and exchange it for something more palatable. If you want a challenge, go ahead. The price is great and what it provides is excellent. The taste, however, that's a different story.

The taste just awful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I don't usually have problem with taste, but this is just disgusting. Maybe if you start adding some fruits it gets better, but with water alone it's just impossible.

1 2