bad knees and weight loss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed with bone on bone on the outside of my right knee, and after the inside was operated on twice, also bone on bone. They've offered only knee braces, or knee replacement, neither of which I want to do. I started on Joint Vibrance, beef gelatin (1 Tbsp. per day), and Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and bone. Well, the difference is amazing. I am back to work driving a one-ton truck and lifting 60 lb. boxes. Getting in and out of this truck was always painful, and after just 6 weeks on this regime, I am 60 to 70 percent better. I won't stop as I am 59 and also just started jogging. I've also lost 25 lbs.

Now Foods Beef Gelatin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has boosted my health to new levels. I love it and will always take it. It dosent just rebuild fingernails it grows hair, rebuilds tissue, has vastly impoved gland and hormonal functions. This is an extreemly healing suppliment. After 3 weeks I have noticed remarkable changes in my health for the better. Joint functions are very much improved along with flexibility. EVERYTHING is better. I love this product.

i'm amazed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

since switching from a pork-based gelatin to this one i'm glad to say there's huge difference. without going into detail i'll just say there's a load of reasons you wouldn't wanna consume pork and google will provide the curious plenty. i think any meat-eater would do great adding gelatin to their meals in form of a side-drink. the science is along the lines of eating the whole animal for complete amino acid profile as gelatin is all the cartilage normally thrown. gelatin has stabilized my joints, moods, metabolism, libido like you wouldn't believe. thank you and props to ray peat for sparking this great trend of gel-eating. i'd suggest looking the man up for a wealth of interesting takes on health and the industry.

Great stuff for healing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take this to heal my 'leaky gut' which causes eczema. So far so good, symptoms are going into remission. I use it in conjunction with L- Glutamine by Now Foods. I just throw a tablespoon in some water and chug it down. Tasteless, but a gross texture! I dont mind though as it WORKS! I have also made lemon flavoured gummies to snack on which worked a treat.

A good substitute for Chondroitin Sulfate for Joint Recovery...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Apr 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

about half of the Gelatin is Chondroitin,and its also known from the folk medicine that it is Joint Healing,just make sure you take the same amount of Glucosamine in conjunction for best results,it takes about 4g of each for 3 to 6 months for a proper healing,so be patient.don't forget your basic multivitamin & Cal/Mag as well as your Omega's & Trace minerals.you should also consider MSM,Boswellia & Turmeric for a quicker & better tissue recovery...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

great stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Easy to use. I use 1/4 tsp of gelatin with 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum or guar gum per cup of gluten free flour mix, and the breads turn out delicate and moist. I still have 2 loaves of banana nut bread I made 2 weeks ago in baggies in the fridge, (i made 7 at one time), and they are still fresh and moist tasting, and even my gluten eating husband loves them! I will continue to use this brand as it is economical as well as a great product to use.

The Real Thing!

Posted by StarFire on Aug 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Forget all the collagen derivatives and claims, I've wasted time and money on them to no avail. In the industrialized societies, the consumption of gelatin has decreased, relative to the foods that contain an inappropriately high proportion of the antimetabolic amino acids, especially tryptophan and cysteine. The degenerative and inflammatory diseases can often be corrected by the use of gelatin-rich foods.

great for jello

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product. Our family is following the GAPS diet to improve digestiion. Gelatin helps heal the gut lining, so I use this in lots of ways, from adding to soups and stews, to making jello and as an egg substitute. This is always on hand in my kitchen.

For energy, sleep and lower priced than collagen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After taking a tbsp a day for a few days I have much more energy. I also feel more alert and clearheaded. I take it at night as I feel sleepy the first few hours after taking it. This is basically the same as collagen but not as finely ground.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

As someone who has long suffered from joint issues, I can tell you that taking this is CRITICAL to maintaining my joint health. It is FAR more effective - and cheap - than other typical supplements, glucosamine, msm, etc... I make a kind of broth/jello out of it and have it with some liquid fish oil. Delicious and the effects are immediately noticeable.