Not good for laxative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Once I discovered that Now had castor oil capsules couldn't wait to try them since the liquid is very unpleasant to take. I give Now an A+ for effort, but if you are looking to use this as a laxative stick with the liquid form and don't waste your money. An adult serving of the liquid form is 1 to 4 tablespoons for laxative purposes. However, these capsules contain only 1/8 teaspoon each. I gave it two tries: 10 capsules at once and 1 tablespoon equivalent at once - came up with bupkis each time. One would probably have to consume the entire bottle (or almost) for laxative results. A more pleasant way to take the liquid: Take a tablespoon at a time mixed with 1T of lemon juice, quickly swallow while pinching the nose so you don't smell the castor oil - works like a charm; or mix the entire amount you want to take in a fruit smoothie and drink it down.

No effect at all - a waste of my money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The indicated dosage is one capsule. Even with 3-4 capsules, i did not experience at effects at all! I bought it to help me overcome chrobic constipation, but sorry, it does nothing at all for me.

A WASTE OF MONEY!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These pills are very weak. They did not aid me with bowel movements at all. A waste of my money!

Unpleasant smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Extremely unpleasant smell! Smell like some sort of chemical or plastic.