Very fast hair growth, but full with fillers and binders

Posted by Trinity on October 4 2013 | Verified Purchase

Stuffed with unnecessary and unhealthy fillers, such as magnesium stearate and rice flour. We don't need them, and they could be quite dangerous for our health.________ I took 1 capsule in the morning and sometimes 1 in the evening. My hair grew a bit faster, but that's it, nothing that special. ______________UPDATE: I started taking Paradise Herbs' OptiMSM 1000 together with the this biotin. That made a difference - my hair got stronger and my nails harder. I used only biotin for months without any real result, but I don't know if it's doing any real job. I'll continue with the MSM for sure. ____________I don't think there was any real positive effect on my skin from this biotin. I have lowered the stars also because of the pimples I got on my face and I believe it's because of the fillers and binders. I didn't see any hair thickness after 3 months of using the product. ____________________ UPDATE: I used MRM's dBiotin - wasn't bad, I actually liked it better. Now I'm trying Country Life's one, as there are fewer fillers in it and none as bad as the magnesium stearate. ___________UPDATE: I've been using Country Life's 5000 biotin for about 4 weeks now, but I don't like it. It's pure d-biotin and the capsules are very small, but my nails started braking easily and they aren't even that long! My eyelashes became soft again and I started seeing more hairs in the shower.

Could cause weight gain

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 20 2012 | Verified Purchase

Makes me gain weight like I've been carb binging. I've since read that biotin can have a insulin-like effect at getting glucose into cells. Maybe that's good for diabetics, but not me. I've tried other brands of biotin and the same occurs. The Now product seems fine otherwise.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 12 2015 | Verified Purchase

Excessive biotin will be excreted in urine. Biotin pills causes acne and it can last for years even if you stop taking the pills. Increase your consumption of alkaline foods, reduce(Not eliminate) your consumption of acidic foods and you'd have way much better results than useless pills. Google search Alkaline/Acidic foods.

Now foods biotin

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

It's ok for nails I don't know if my hair grows fast with this product , I keep it cut short . I don't see anything major.

Didn't help my hair to grow

Posted by helznguyen on April 10 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used biotin for many years, this along with other brands :( none of them help with my hair growth.

Didnt see any change

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 6 2018 | Verified Purchase

Bought this product as a gamble based on the reviews. But no change in my hair & nails. My nails are fine, just that I have a lot of hair fall, but this product didnt change anything for me.

Be careful!

Posted by hannehov on October 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

This amount was way too high for me - I didn't do enough research before using.. I had some kind of an allergic reaction(I think), and got a severe itching ALL over my body! I couldn't even sleep because of the pain.. I almost had to leave work today, and my body is now full of scratch marks and purple dots.. So be careful.. Start with a smaller dosage, especially if you have sensitive skin.

wrong information re. allergens

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 9 2017 | Verified Purchase

On the package I received says "Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens." And on the packaging to your site do not write. My son has celiac disease. Since he was stomach really bad, we read that sentence. I think that is irresponsible and impermissible to send a different package than the one located on the site.

I didn't like it , I didn't have any results .

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

Didn't get any results

Not the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 24 2015 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to this product!