Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on April 9 2013 | Verified Purchase

Mouthwash is an important product along with tooth floss and toothpaste. Firstly, it contains all natural ingredients! No alcohol, chemicals, artificial sweeteners or preservatives, sodium lauryl sulphate or fluoride. Unlike those chemical mouthwashes like Listerine which makes me gag, wants to spit it out asap and rinse my mouth, the taste of this mouthwash makes it easy to swish for a long time. It is very refreshing and has a minty lemony sarsaparilla (remind me of sarsi or root beer soft drink) taste like. The fresh breath does not last too long though and won’t cover all strong food scent like garlic. Just like the other reviewer, I tend to get ulcer often but not much since using. I think the reason is due to the presence of probiotics. Just as probiotics plays an important role in digestive system, it is important in your mouth too for the same reason (actually, the mouth is part of the digestive system too). Conventional mouthwash always contains anti-bacteria chemicals to kill most of the bacteria, allowing the ‘bad’ bacteria to flourish. This in turn leads more bad breath, tooth decay and inflamed gum and lips, making you rinse more often and make it worse. Another point to note is that you do absorb glucose and nutrients via your mouth so if you swish with the chemicals, you are probably absorbing them too! (Just like how some medications are placed under the tongue etc). The suggested use is 2 capfuls. The cap is very small so 2 capfuls are not really much for you to swish around if you probably use more. As for me, I just directly “drink” from the bottle till I get enough for swishing. You will tend to use it up quite quickly this way. As for price, it’s not too expensive and worth it. The benefit is more visible in the long term. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great Natural oral health product

Posted by NBPT10 on May 22 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product for about a year and my gum health is excellent. It is a cost effective way to help with and avoid gum and gum/tooth line issues. I have shared this with several friends and they have all enjoyed the improvements they have seen in their gum health. This is no substitute for good oral hygiene maintenance but it is an excellent adjunct to what you may already do. It may even prevent some expensive and painful periodontal work down the road. One of my friends is allergic to eucalyptus and can't use this so be aware of the ingredients before you use it. If you found this review of help, kindly visit my iherb home page and read my other value added reviews. By clicking on my handle name above, you will be directed there.

must have to keep dentist away

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

This has just about completely cured my periodontal disease. It burns some but does the job.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 17 2008 | Verified Purchase

This mouthwash really makes your mouth tingle and feel clean without the harsh alcohol feel of regular mouthwash. After 1 week I noticed the inflammation around my two troublesome crowns had subsided.

Very good product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 25 2012 | Verified Purchase

This mouth wash have healed my strep throat too. Very nice taste. I had some part of my gums constantly inflamed, but now it calmed down. This bottle lasts for long, I dissolved it with water each time I flush my mouth and it was strong enough.

Love the flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2008 | Verified Purchase

Love the flavor and does make my dry mouth feel better even after a night of sleep. Will continue to purchase.

Great mouthwash!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 30 2009 | Verified Purchase

Really freshens breath and seems to really cleanse the mouth. If I use it at night, morning breath is at least only half as bad. UPDATE 7/5/12: About six months ago I had a root canal become infected and my jaw swelled up. I had a basic check up and sure enough my root canal has gone bad and I need it retreated. They prescribed medication to address the infection. I scrapped the medication and started gargling with PerioWash every day - I had gotten out of the habit of using it. It took the swelling and infection down. And while I am planning to get this taken care of in time, as long as I gargle every other day the tooth shows no signs of infection. If I let it go, the swelling comes back.

Can be Strong! Each batch seems to be different.

Posted by Specialist on March 21 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like this one is better than the cinnamon flavor because the cinnamon flavor burned my mouth if I used it undiluted. It tastes like the periobrite toothpaste. It's strong and can still be overwhelming when gargling with it. I have found that some batches are overwhelmingly strong and some are just right. I'm not sure why there is such a difference. I'll by it again because I can't find anything better. I just wish they'd get their quality control together so the product is consistant.

Helps prevent mouth ulcers.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 13 2009 | Verified Purchase

I received a sample and was sold. I am on my second bottle in probably 6 months. I only have to use a tiny amount every day or two and I haven't had a canker sore/mouth ulcer since I began using it. Normally I get them 4-5 times a year. It is a great product and I am amazed at how long a bottle can last. Update: I hadn't been for a teeth cleaning in about 3-4 years and my hygienist said my gums were in amazing shape. I swear this is the reason for that. I am buying more and some of the toothpaste as well.

Healthy Oral Hygiene Promotes Healthy Heart

Posted by RubiesHealth on October 16 2013 | Verified Purchase

I cannot find anything close to this product in all the pharmacies I have searched in my city - alcohol-free, artificial color-free, artificial sweetener-free, artificial fragrance-free, preservative-free, chemical-free. It actually removes tea and coffee stains as well! Wish it comes in travel-size too. I highly recommend this product for better oral hygiene, especially for people with dry-mouth, gum problem or ear-nose-throat complaints.