Posted by iHerb Customer on December 5 2011 | Verified Purchase

My husband is a Type 2 diabetic. He ignored dietary restrictions and failed to monitor blood sugar levels for months. I bought him Bitter Melon, but he refused to take it. I had noticed his worsening excessive thirst and his need to sleep after meals. When my husband finally measured his blood sugar level after eating, the score was 398. One hour after a Metformim tablet prescribed by an M.D., the blood sugar level had increased to 458. Numbers in the 400s were recorded for days. In desperation, after several days of frightemimgly high blood sugar levels, my husband took Bitter Melon before bed. To our great surprise and relief, his blood sugar that first the morning was 298. The second morning, his blood sugar level was 258. The third morning following Bitter Melon at bedtime, my husband's blood sugar level was 225. We are now on day #4 of this experiment with Bitter Melon as a natural control for blood sugar. The results have been nothing short of amazing. My husband will continue to use Bitter Melon, and will soon consult his M.D. about possibly adjusting the recommended dose of Metformin, which did not control his blood sugar when taken without the addition of Bitter Melon.

Burn the Fat

Posted by Health-YourWealth on June 22 2012 | Verified Purchase

Paleo heroes claim Bitter Melon helps convert white adipose fat (WAT) to brown adipose fat ( BAT ). Body more readily burns up BAT.

Guess its helping me....

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 1 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was on Metformin for PCOS and ended up having side effects. I was searching for a natural source to replace metformin. I take bitter melon twice a day with meals now. I haven't taken a blood test yet. I really feel better these days. I am still searching to see if i will have any side effects from taking bitter melon for a longer period. I take it with another herb called Gymnema.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 27 2011 | Verified Purchase

My mother-in-law can maintain a very good blood sugar level after taking one bitter melon capsule after each meal.

the best bitter melo n

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22 2017 | Verified Purchase

I take this to keep my blood sugar in check. work better than other brands

Recommended for diabetes

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my dad who has diabetes. He's taking this together with himalaya glucocare. Really did the job in lowering his blood sugar. I will continue letting him take both the bitter melon n glucocare and hope he can reduce the dosage of his doc prescribed diabetes med

Works Like Metformin

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 4 2016 | Verified Purchase

Exactly the same effect as Metformin for my husband.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 30 2014 | Verified Purchase

Seems to work well. The cotton stuff in the bottle stinks though. :) Will definitely repurchase.

Wonderful for that unexpected sugar intake!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 1 2017 | Verified Purchase

My friend had recommended this product for when your out & get sugar in your system. It does a quick & wonderful job of bringing the blood sugar back into balance with no side effects. I recommend this product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 3 2012 | Verified Purchase

Superb quality of the supplement and the excellent services of iHerb.

1 2