Wonderful, non-toxic mascara

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 19 2009 | Verified Purchase

After an extensive search, I discovered that this mascara is the least toxic on the market. It has a low toxic level as stated on the Skin Deep website which is the Environmental Working Group's searchable database of toxic ingredients in cosmetic and personal care products. It is creamy and goes on well and does not flake. I am so glad that iHerb is now selling products by Ecco Bella. Their lipstick and cover-up are also wonderful.

Best mascara EVER!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 17 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have tried a million different mascaras and this one is the best; doesn't flake or smudge, goes on easily and does the job without looking overdone. Washes off easily as well. The container has a mirror on the back which I also think is a nice touch.

Wanted to like it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 18 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like that this mascara is made from simple, safe ingredients. Unfortunately, it leaves black dust below my eyes a few hours later. By the end of the day this mascara doesn't require makeup remover at all because it has already flaked off almost completely. For the few days that I wore it people were asking me what was wrong, because my eyes were so red, probably because I was getting mascara dust in them all day. :(

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 28 2009 | Verified Purchase

No smudging, no flaking, lasted all day, very black!

Ecco Bella Mascara

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 7 2009 | Verified Purchase

Works well. No allergies to this one!

Trying to go natural

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 17 2009 | Verified Purchase

I just got this, but so far I like the slim brush because my eyelashes aren't that long. The mascara goes on smoothly with no clumping.

Love this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

This mascara is wonderful! I wasn't sure if I'd like using it because the wand has what I call "old-school" bristles (some of the newer mascaras on the market have these new silicone-type bristles on the mascara wand that separate the lashes very easily). But just like the newer wands, this wand lifts the lashes and separates them very well. It does take a few seconds to dry; so right after I apply the mascara, I fan my lashes with my hand a little. No biggie. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does smudge off a bit throughtout the day, and I get a bit of mascara debris under my eyes (lools like a faint dark circle).

too thin

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25 2015 | Verified Purchase

I love that it's all natural, but it dod virtually nothing to my lashes, and is too thin. If you like super natural look and thin mascara formulas this might be for you.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 7 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this based on the reviews, and I have to say: yuck. This mascara goes on clumpy and difficult to apply (I had to use a q-tip to clean up my eyelids after), and seemed to just flake off over the course of a few hours. For this price, I expect some quality. Nonetheless, I found that this mascara works far worse than any of the drugstore cheapy brands. I'd like to find a mascara that *works* AND has reasonable ingredients, and after wasting my money on this lame product I can see I'll just keep looking.

Ecco Bella mascara

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 12 2010 | Verified Purchase

Wonderful product. All the other mascaras would make my eyes sore but not this product. For the first time I can wear mascara and my eyes stay bright even if I leave on overnight. Excellent!!