Works Well

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 4 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works well for mild to moderate anxiety and stress. Does not make me drowsy. Not super-strong, but it does have a mild calming effect that helps noticeably. Worth trying if you have anxiety issues.

Not as good as Source Naturals

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 17 2010 | Verified Purchase

This one didn't work as well for me as the 200mg Source Naturals brand. The 200mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach has worked wonders for my anxiety and helped me get off ativan.

calming

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

It does have a calming effect, but I'm not sure about the alert calmness. It made me feel kind of tired. However, I think it does have a definite calming effect. I think I'll take it on days I'm really stressed at work. It doesn't have a super sedative effect like an anti-anxiety prescription.

Seems to work pretty well

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 5 2010 | Verified Purchase

I didn't notice how well this stuff worked until I forgot to take it one day and turned into kind of a space ace. Suntheanine is supposed to be more effective than regular plain L-Theanine. I've tried both and I suppose it is a little better.

Pretty good supplement!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 12 2011 | Verified Purchase

Been using these for about 3 weeks now, usually just 150mg in the morning, sometimes 300mg if I'm expecting some additional stress/anxiety. I find 150mg puts me in a relaxed state but not 'tired' at all, I am able to do heavy/intensive work and cognition is not impaired at all but when I take a breather everything is nice and calm immediately, no leftover stress. 300mg does make me a bit sleepy feeling. One problem I had was I took 150mg before bed one night, didn't want to go to bed until 2am and when I finally started trying to sleep I couldn't. Eventually my legs started to cramp up and I didn't sleep until 7am. This never happens to me and the only thing I did differently that evening was try L-Theanine at 10pm. It is not a good sleep-aid in my opinion and I will only ever be taking it in the morning for here on. Besides that though it has been wonderful!

L-Theanine for Anxiety

Posted by ReaCovery on January 3 2016 | Verified Purchase

I'm still experimenting with these, trying to find my optimal dose and when best to take it, but it works great to lower anxiety and calm my nervous system down. I'm trying several brands and this one works fine. I'm recovering from protracted antidepressant withdrawal, and high levels of anxiety and fear have been some of my worst symptoms and this has been one of the few supplements which has really helped. I have to be careful not to take too much or I tend to get a bit apathetic and unmotivated to do much.

The best on the market!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2014 | Verified Purchase

This L-theanine is the best I have tried! I have tried several brands and I am convinced this is the purest,highest quality product. I've seen what a 99% pure L-theanine looks like and tastes from another well know company. It is pure white with neutral taste. Many other companies cut there L-theanine with some junk but not Doctor's Best. The calming effects and pleasant energy are much more pronounced with this quality product!

Works nicely as a semi-mild sleeping aid for the evenings...

Posted by acumen on February 23 2013 | Verified Purchase

... when you feel stressed or anxious. There are also other good candidate products, and you should try out a few to see which one works best for you (as I did). PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

LIFE SAVER!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 19 2013 | Verified Purchase

Worth every Penny. I have been suffering from ADHD for a long time now and am using this instead of medication. I just wish there are high dosage capsules for the more serious conditions like mine

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 12 2012 | Verified Purchase

Really good L-Theanine. Take two and you really notice the calming effect. Good to take before bed, or whren you've had too much caffiene!