Works great for anxiety

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 8 2010 | Verified Purchase

This does work really well for my anxiety, however, next time I will purchase the chewables (by another brand) as it takes approx. 15-20 minutes for these to kick in. Also, when I take more than 1 a day I do tend to feel a bit drowsy which I don't like (but often my anxiety returns later in the afternoon and I feel I need to take another one). Otherwise, these are very effective. I am a fan of Doctor's Best products because of their quality and I love I-herb's prices. :)

Doctor's Best Suntheanine L-Theanine

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2009 | Verified Purchase

We have used this product before and yes it does work, The change is not dramatic, you just realize on reflecting, that every thing flows along smoothly and issues can be resolved in a calm rational manner.

Placebo effect or not- this seems to be working

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 18 2013 | Verified Purchase

Never felt this calm in a long while, though anxiety is still there, but the labored anxious breathing is much better now. Benzo only makes me tired and agitated but l-theanine definitely makes me calmer without the drowsiness. For me, this is the most effective supplement so far but I'll be experimenting dosages and even brand to see what works best. So far so good...

Suntheanine

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 6 2011 | Verified Purchase

Unobtrusively improves mood and ability to handle stress, feels natural - no sensation of being medicated.

L-Theanine

Posted by Didokitty on October 13 2013 | Verified Purchase

Works quite well for mild anxiety and stress. I take L-Theanine occasionally, usually after lunch at work and it seems to help me focus better.

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 30 2013 | Verified Purchase

helped my husband to get rid of sleeping pills. Also my sleep problems solved with this product last fall. 3 capsules in empty stomach and we got peaceful sleep.

Works Well

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 4 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works well for mild to moderate anxiety and stress. Does not make me drowsy. Not super-strong, but it does have a mild calming effect that helps noticeably. Worth trying if you have anxiety issues.

Not as good as Source Naturals

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 17 2010 | Verified Purchase

This one didn't work as well for me as the 200mg Source Naturals brand. The 200mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach has worked wonders for my anxiety and helped me get off ativan.

Pretty good supplement!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 12 2011 | Verified Purchase

Been using these for about 3 weeks now, usually just 150mg in the morning, sometimes 300mg if I'm expecting some additional stress/anxiety. I find 150mg puts me in a relaxed state but not 'tired' at all, I am able to do heavy/intensive work and cognition is not impaired at all but when I take a breather everything is nice and calm immediately, no leftover stress. 300mg does make me a bit sleepy feeling. One problem I had was I took 150mg before bed one night, didn't want to go to bed until 2am and when I finally started trying to sleep I couldn't. Eventually my legs started to cramp up and I didn't sleep until 7am. This never happens to me and the only thing I did differently that evening was try L-Theanine at 10pm. It is not a good sleep-aid in my opinion and I will only ever be taking it in the morning for here on. Besides that though it has been wonderful!

Assisting with Calm and Sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is helping as a precursor to the body making GABA and as it supposedly crosses the blood-brain barrier it helps to ensure I feel calmer and sleep better