poor choice of iron supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this one especially due to the rave reviews on it for severe anemia. I had been using Solgar Gentle Iron bisgylcinate, which I was very happy with, yet specially ordered this Bluebonnet product due to it being touted as "very effective in resolving iron deficiency anemia" and I found it to be a very NOT good choice! Immediately after taking it was to cause severe stomach bloating, produced explosive sudden diarhea and severe constipation. I switched back to the Solgar product which also has the patented "Ferrochel" iron bisglycinate 25 mg which had always been a perfect quiet match and effective too. I incurred significant expense to obtain this BlueBonnet item and I do not at all recommend it to others! Solgar is excellent and had zero stomach intolerance and no sudden diahrhea either. My iron on blood tests did improve, yet I have severe anemia so it will take months not weeks. I recommend only Solgar Gentle Iron Bisgyclinate as an excellent iron par excellence. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend it to others in need of iron.