Posted by iHerb Customer on January 11 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been buying tea tree oil for over a decade and whatever this is it is not real tea tree oil. It smells really bad. I would NEVER put this on my skin for a cut or cat scratch to prevent infection or any of the other dozens of uses for tea tree oil which is indispensable for first aid. Iherb should not be selling something this bad!

The smell nauseated me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 21 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used Tea Tree oil for years as a cosmetologist, for body waxing and added into conditioners and lotions and I have always loved the smell, but this product I think smelled as if it was spoiled and I could not use it since the smell actually made me feel ill.

Not a cure, but it does reduce the symptoms of a staph infection of the scalp.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 9 2009 | Verified Purchase

I prefer to avoid antibiotics when possible, so the use of this brand of Tea Tree Oil was an experiment. Thankfully it actually provided some relief. The Tea Tree Oil did a very credible job of drying the lesions, and in turn reduced the aggravating itching. Once I got used to the turpentine smell, applications with a q-tip or cotton ball became routine. After a week or two of dealing with the persistent staph infection in my scalp, I saw my doctor and started a 10 day course of antibiotics. That WAS the cure. One notable ding for this brand's product... It needs to have a "drop-at-a-time" metering device installed in the mouth of the bottle. You need very little of the liquid, but it can easily be wasted when it's not metered out. I ended up transferring the contents from this product to another brand's metering bottle.

Unpleasant smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 3 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've used other tea tree oil products which had a very pleasant clean smell, but I found that this one is verging on unpleasant and as a result isn't useful for anything where the smell is a factor. I would try other brands before this one if the scent is important to you.

laundry additive

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time I've bought tea tree oil, so my review is based on limited experience. Still, I'm happy with my purchase. I add the oil to my laundry to help disinfect my clothes and towels, and it leaves a nice, clean scent.

you get what you pay for...

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 5 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the first tea tree oil I bought and I chose it based on price/quantity. Unfortunately, I had the worst experience so far. When I first tried to open the bottle the plastic cap broke and a horrible smell spread all over the room and made me feel ill. I read other reviews but I didn' t expect the smell to be so strong. The product was well packaged by iherb so I don' t think it got damaged during shipping, just the quality of the bottle is extremely cheap. I used tape on the cap and I m still hoping I didn' t waste my money for a useless product.

Terrible smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 27 2011 | Verified Purchase

this does not smell like regular tea tree oils and I have used many different brands. It smells rancid.

21st Century Health Care, Tea Tree Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 31 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tested this oil on paper and I know the quality isn't good((

great oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 17 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use a few drops in laundry specially to freshen towles or sheets. I also use in soaking bucket with diapers. I also like it for anti mold spray and skin ailments.

tea tree

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 21 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this for several non- toxic cleaners I make using all natural ingredients. I know tea tree oil is used for so many other things too. Great product. I will buy more.