DeLallo, Shells No. 91, Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 9 Min
- Made with Bronze Plates
- 100% Whole Grain - 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
Expertly milled, our whole wheat flour is finely ground for the texture of semolina, while retaining all of its healthy, whole wheat goodness. The flour is kneaded slowly with cool, spring water and extruded using bronze plates.
The unique, coarse surface that results will hug your favorite sauce & enhance the flavor of your dishes. With a traditional method of slow drying at low temperatures, DeLallo pasta retains its fresh-bread taste and cooks “al dente” every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Developed in Central & Southern Italy, these concave seashells fill up with sauce for the maximum flavor of any dish.
Pasta by The Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. ¼-cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back up to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 9 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors and serve.
Tips For: Perfect Pasta
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
포함된 다른 성분들
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories from gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4