Testmedica, Home Tests, One Step Home Scan, Kidney Health Screen, Two Tests (Discontinued Item)
- Because Good Health Begins at Home
This test is used to detect the presence of protein in a person's urine. Protein is a large molecule and is normally not excreted into the kidney. When protein is present in urine, it indicates a kidney that is not functioning properly. The presence of protein is an important indicator of kidney disease.
How to use the TestMedica Health Screen
- Dip reagent end of strip in FRESH, well mixed urine and remove immediately. (Or, wet reagent area by passing through urine stream.)
- While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
- Compare the test area with the color chart at the time specified (60 seconds).
Tests and test results are for informational purposes only and are not intended to monitor, treat or diagnose any disease. These urine reagent strips are not diagnostic tools but are used to detect levels of specific parameters. The detection of these parameters in the urine and the levels thereof may be indicative of an abnormality or infection. ALWAYS rely upon your doctor or health care professional to detect, diagnose and treat any infection or abnormality. If results are unexpected, contact your health care provider.
- For In Vitro diagnostic use only. (Not for internal use.)
- Do not reuse the test strip.
- If you get unexpected results, check with your doctor.
Store in cool, dry place.